Most of the legwork moving the site to WordPress is now over, along with some spit-n-polish and nice-to-haves I’ve been meaning to implement for some time now. Such as… give me an unordered list-themed drum roll…
- An archive page! See if you can find it hiding in plain sight! It has everything going back an awful long time, plus some tags that only really apply to the most recent posts.
- RSS feed is working properly now, mostly! Link posts are working right but it seems like image posts just look like link posts?
- Breadcrumb navigation! Of limited value, but still!
- The search is working and the design is acceptable for now.
Lately I’ve been working on a big elaborate Workflow for posting here, something I’ve been really dying to do, and it’s pretty cool, but that’s probably a separate post.
Pretty soon I’m going to launch a new project for the site, and it’s not about Trump! Or Apple! Or video games! Is it blowing your mind yet? I just have to figure out some design stuff and then we should be good to go.
Ok! In terms of this redesign: now we are cooking with fire! White-hot blogfire, I would say. The feed should be working right; so too the search and the contact form.
Also, I’ve reanimated the long-dormant Angry Robot Twitter Parrot Bot and it should be squawking out whatever gets posted to the site. In addition, there is now an Angry Robot Facebook Page that should also link to everything here. So if you prefer reading web sites without actually going to the web, you have options now!
That should be the last of the meta posts for now – now back to our regularly scheduled Angry Roboting.
Well, that took a while. This site is now on wordpress. Most things should be good. (all the old posts are moved over! even all the old comments, but they’re not being displayed! but they exist!) Some things are still broken. That I know of:
- RSS feed should be working, and the URL is the same, but the link posts will be linking to their own permalink rather than the external site, which is shitty but I will be trying to fix it this week.
- some permalinks are busted: URLs that ended in a non-alphanumeric character. It’s not that many, so oh well. All the posts are still all there, so they will be searchable… once I get the search up and running.
You will also be seeing the new design. Not that different. But here are the highlights:
- New logo! I liked the old one, except how it looked when shrunk down, when it became a smudge. I didn’t intend on changing it, but I noticed how an A and an R could be adapted to become eyes…
- New font: Neutral. I LOVE it. I loved the old font, Futura, but came to dislike it for body text. I find Neutral much more readable, hopefully you do too.
- Various tweaks to what you might call post type styles. Link posts now indicate their outward-pointing nature with an arrow, and the bullet doubles as the permalink.
Any issues or comments, try me on twitter @dsankey, or you could try the new contact form on the contact page? Maybe it even works!
Alright so I have been not posting a lot because I’ve been labouring away behind the curtain here hupdating this ol’ blog to work with this thing they call the wordpress. Also, I’ve been redoing the design. Actually you’ll probably LOL at how much it looks like the current design! Hey man when you achieve perfection there is no reason to set it alight in the name of novelty amirite? You know I am.
So anyway. This is just to say that should the site be unreachable, or visibly upset, or basically in ruins the next time you visit, it’s (hopefully) because I am in the process of making the move-over final and things will be back to normal right quick. Theoretically. Cross your emoji fingers for me.